Nyack, New York
The Village of Nyack is in Rockland County 19 miles from the northern border of Manhattan. There were 6.737 residents of the village in the 2000 US Census. Nyack is only 1.6 square miles. The village is named after Native Americans who lived in the area before colonialization. The village is comprised of most low rise buildings on the western border of the Hudson River, across from the Village of Sleepy Hollow in Westchester County. In the 19th and early 20th centuries, the village had three major industries: sandstone quarrying for New York City buildings in the early 1800’s; construction of steamboats, submarines and other types of boats from the early 1800’s through the mid 20th century; and shoe manufacturing from 1828 through the end of the 19th century.
The completion of the Tappan Zee Bridge in 1955 connected Westchester County to Rockland County, increasing the population of the county substantially. In the 1980’s, there was a major commercial revitalization in Nyack, with many new businesses and construction of the Helen Hayes Theatre, where young and old can see independent films and enjoy music of all styles.
The Law Office of Mark A. Siesel specializes in personal injury and criminal law, and we pride ourselves on providing personalized, hands on attention to each of our clients. From the moment the client enters our White Plains, New York offices, through the conclusion of their case by trial, mediation, arbitration or other resolution, our clients are fully apprised of the status of their cases at all times. We offer a free initial consultation to all clients, and are accessible through our two websites, injurylawny.com and dwilawnewyork.com, three blogs, and by fax, e-mail.
Contact our office at (914) 428-7386 to schedule an appointment for your free consultation or visit our websites at www.injurylawny.com or www.dwilawnewyork.com. Our law office is only a short 11.5 miles from the Village of Nyack Court, and directions to our law office can be accessed here.
Parking is easily accessible in the six story parking garage directly behind our building at the corner of Maple Avenue and Chester Street, known as the Chester-Maple Garage.