Newburgh, New York
The City of Newburgh is in Orange County, but was originally in Ulster County until 1798 when Rockland County split from Orange County and Newburgh became part of Orange. The population in June of 2009 was 28,101. Newburgh is 60 miles north of New York City and 90 miles south of Albany. Newburgh was the location of the Continental Army’s headquarters from early 1782 until the end of 1783. It is believed that General George Washington had to convince officers to stay loyal during the “Newburgh Conspiracy” in those years.
The City of Newburgh thrived during the Gilded Age, with its great location equidistant between Albany and New York City. Cotton, wool, silk, paper, pumps, perfume, furniture, carpets, carburetors, shirts and lawn mowers were some of the products manufactured in the city. However, the city was hit hard in the 20th century with the loss of shipping traffic and factories moving out to contain costs. Newburgh continues to struggle economically in recent years, although efforts have been made to shore up its riverfront location and take advantage of the magnificent river views of the Hudson.
The Law Office of Mark A. Siesel specializes in personal injury and criminal law, and we pride ourselves on providing personalized, hands on attention to each of our clients. From the moment the client enters our White Plains, New York offices, through the conclusion of their case by trial, mediation, arbitration or other resolution, our clients are fully apprised of the status of their cases at all times. We offer a free initial consultation to all clients, and are accessible through our two websites, injurylawny.com and dwilawnewyork.com, three blogs, and by fax, e-mail and toll free at 888-761-7633.
Contact our office toll free at (888) 761-7633 to schedule an appointment for your free consultation or visit our websites at injurylawny.com or dwilawnewyork.com. Our law office is 50 miles from the Newburgh City Court, and directions to our law office can be accessed by clicking here.
Parking is easily accessible in the six story parking garage directly behind our building at the corner of Maple Avenue and Chester Street, known as the Chester-Maple Garage..